- 2015 Federal Election
Daycare evacuated after carbon monoxide leak
By The Canadian Press
SAINT-EUSTACHE, Que. - Authorities say at least five children were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare in St-Eustache, north of Montreal.
A city spokeswoman says that 72 children and about 10 daycare workers were taken to hospital as a preventive measure.
Stephanie Bouchard says the five youngsters experienced vomiting and headaches at Les petits explorateurs daycare centre today.
Bouchard says the children were transported by school bus to the local hospital.
The city says that all parents were advised and the leak was contained within the daycare building.
The St-Eustache fire department was at the scene, trying to determine the exact cause.
It is unknown whether a functioning carbon monoxide detector was installed at the school.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.