. . . and maybe this is why
A man and woman charged with breaking and entering amidst a rash of break-ins at the Chilliwack school district last year won't be tried until after March.
Michael Allan Hilliard and Brianne Ruth Sinai were picked up by police at the back of Tyson elementary school on Feb. 10, 2013.
Both were charged with one count of break and enter.
Another count was added for Hilliard later that month, and Sinai also faces a breach of undertaking charge.
At the time of the arrest, police said they were investigating whether the pair was connected to any of the other numerous break-ins that plagued the district in late 2012 and early 2013.
In a span of about three months, 35 school district facilities were targeted by thieves stealing mostly technology equipment.
In the end, only the two counts against Hilliard and the one against Sinai were approved.
"We can only go on what the evidence proves," RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Len vanNieuwenhuizen told the Times last week. "Suffice it to say that, when these two were arrested, the break-ins stopped, so you can draw some logical conclusions."