A fish smoker may be to blame for another fire.
Firefighters from five different halls battled an early morning blaze Saturday in a Ryder Lake garage.
Crews arrived to the fire, in the 4900 block of Sherlaw Road, to find a onestorey wood-frame garage and two other outbuildings fully involved.
Before being knocked down by firefighters, the flames were beginning to lick at the nearby house.
The home's owner sustained minor injuries from the heat of the fire while trying to cool down the house with a garden hose. She was treated on scene.
While officials continue to investigate the blaze, assistant fire chief Ian Josephson said a fish smoker may be to blame. In November, an "improperly located" fish smoker sparked a large fire in a firewood storage area that nearly spread to an adjacent singlefamily home.