A $120,000 motorhome went up in smoke at Chilliwacks OConnor RV Friday morning.
A passerby on the Highway 1 alerted the Yale Road West business about smoke billowing out of a vehicle on its lot at about 8:20 a.m.
We dont know the cause yet, but it looks like an electrical short circuit, OConnor sales manager Marcel Desjardins told the Times. It was just standing there.
He said he had seen no flames in the Electra class A motorhome, and Chilliwack firefighters were soon on hand to get the smoke under control.
Desjardins said adjacent vehicles would likely "stink for a while" because of the smoke and quipped the business would have the biggest fire sale ever.
"I'm a very positive thinker," he said.
© Copyright 2013